Are you Ofsted Registered?

Yes I received an outstanding in my last Ofsted inspection in January 2020. My Ofsted Certificate is displayed on the photo wall in the playroom and you can access a copy of my latest Ofsted report by visiting the Ofsted website.


Do you have a Criminal Records Check?

Yes I have an enhanced CRB.


Do you have to have any registration/qualification to prepare food at your home? Not legally but I am registered with the Environmental Health as a food business, have attended "Food Hygiene for Childminders" and have also completed 3 online food training courses from The Children's Food Trust.


Is my private information secure at your setting?

Yes. All of your private information is treated in the strictest confidence. Paperwork is stored in a high cupboard with a door which you are free to see at any mutually convenient time. Personal information about your family is kept on my computer in a password protected area. I am also registered with the Information Commissioners Office as a data handler and comply with the GDPR regulations brought in on 25 May 2018.


Do you have childminding insurance?

Yes, legally I have to have public liability insurance. My public liability insurance is with Royal & Sun Alliance and is renewed annually.


Do you transport children in your car?

Yes, I have a clean valid driving license. My car passes it's MOT every year and is serviced every 12 months. I have valid car insurance which allows me to use my car for business purposes. I also have various different sized car seats in my 7 seater Picasso and I follow guidelines set out by the government on which seats to use for each child according to height and weight. I always make sure that my car is in good working order.


What is the earliest you can take children?

I work from 7.30am until 6.30pm Monday to Friday. I do not offer overnight care and do not work on the weekends.


Do you take lots of personal holidays during the year?

I usually take between 2 and 3 weeks holiday per year. I always give as much notice as possible of any upcoming holiday, with a minimum of 4 weeks notice.


What happens if you are sick and can't look after my children?

As a self employed person I don't get paid if I am sick. I have had 3 sick days since registering as a childminder in 2001. However, if for some reason I am sick I have two backup childminders who are friends of mine who will care for the children if they have the spaces to do so on a particular day. The children see them frequently as we attend similar toddler groups.


Where will my baby sleep when she's at your house?

I use a travel cot which is up in my lounge for use by babies and young children to have a sleep. I also have a double buggy with a full lie down back seat for small babies to sleep in when we are out and about. If you feel you would like to provide your own blanket that your baby is familiar with I will make sure that they use this to sleep with, otherwise I have lovely soft fleecy blankets for the children to use.


Do I need to leave my pushchair with you?

No, I have a double buggy and a single pushchair that I use for the children that I look after.


My child has a nut allergy, can you still look after him?

Yes, as long as I know which allergies or intolerances each child has I am able to accommodate these needs. I have training in operating epi-pens and you would need to leave two with me if you child has a severe allergy.


What do I need to bring with my baby every day?

A bag containing a change of clothes, dummy, sterilised bottles, special blanket or toy and anything else you think your baby may need. My fees are inclusive of all meals and snacks, trips out, formula milk, nappy sacks, baby wipes, entrance fees to toddler groups.


Providing loving, safe, professional, and appropriate developmental care for your children


This term we will be looking at:



sea creatures

the deep dark sea

on top of the sea

rock pools

the Queens Jubilee


Cold sea

Warm sea

Sea mammals


The coral reef

4th July



and our topic for this term is:

The Sea

I currently have no vacancies

I am registered to provide FEET
Print Print | Sitemap
  Ilana Hill 2012